This week, the Beijing-based Unirule Institute of Economics announced that it would close after...
by Josh Rudolph | Sep 21, 2016
Following up on the central government’s earlier promises to reform the controversial hukou...
by Josh Rudolph | Feb 16, 2016
China’s State Council has unveiled a series of proposals aiming to protect the estimated 61...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 3, 2016
At South China Morning Post, Nectar Gan reports a newly published warning from former...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 18, 2015
The Party’s unveiling of its vision for a “Socialist rule of law” last fall,...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 16, 2015
Respected China scholar David Shambaugh’s prediction a week ago that “the endgame of...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods