CDT has recently acquired and verified a collection of propaganda directives issued by central Party authorities to state media at the beginning of this year. These directives were issued on an almost daily basis in early 2020,...
South China Sea Islands
by Josh Rudolph | Sep 2, 2016
In July, the Permanent Court of Arbitration in The Hague ruled against China’s claims to...
by Cindy | Jun 26, 2014
China has unveiled a new map of the country that has been vertically extended to...
by 不忘初心 | Sep 17, 2013
Last week, by flying bombers near Japanese territory ahead of the first anniversary of...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 7, 2013
Reuters reports that China will soon be allowing tourists to visit disputed islands in the South China Sea: China will this month start allowing tourists to visit the Paracel Islands, one of a group of disputed islets and reefs...
Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Ma Zhaoxu’s Remarks on Vietnam’s Submission on Outer Limits of the Continental Shelf in South China Sea
by Xiao Qiang | May 12, 2009
From us.china-embassy.org: Q: On May 7, Vietnam presented another submission to the UN Commission on the Limits of the Continental Shelf on the outer limits of the continental shelf beyond 200 nautical miles from the baselines...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms