Hong Kong has banned the pro-independence Hong Kong National Party (HKNP) in an unprecedented move...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 12, 2018
The past week has seen a series of moves by the Cyberspace Administration of China and other...
by Josh Rudolph | Feb 6, 2014
Since the Xi administration came to power in 2012, China has become more assertive...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 7, 2013
Reuters reports that China will soon be allowing tourists to visit disputed islands in the South China Sea: China will this month start allowing tourists to visit the Paracel Islands, one of a group of disputed islets and reefs...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms