Hong Kong has banned the pro-independence Hong Kong National Party (HKNP) in an unprecedented move...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 12, 2018
The past week has seen a series of moves by the Cyberspace Administration of China and other...
by Josh Rudolph | Feb 6, 2014
Since the Xi administration came to power in 2012, China has become more assertive...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 7, 2013
Reuters reports that China will soon be allowing tourists to visit disputed islands in the South China Sea: China will this month start allowing tourists to visit the Paracel Islands, one of a group of disputed islets and reefs...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”