Hong Kong has banned the pro-independence Hong Kong National Party (HKNP) in an unprecedented move...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 12, 2018
The past week has seen a series of moves by the Cyberspace Administration of China and other...
by Josh Rudolph | Feb 6, 2014
Since the Xi administration came to power in 2012, China has become more assertive...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 7, 2013
Reuters reports that China will soon be allowing tourists to visit disputed islands in the South China Sea: China will this month start allowing tourists to visit the Paracel Islands, one of a group of disputed islets and reefs...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods