A comprehensive new report from Scholars at Risk looks at various facets of academic censorship and control in China, and around the world at the Chinese government’s behest. The report examines threats to scholars and...
by Natalie Ornell | Oct 27, 2013
After Peking University expelled its politically outspoken liberal Economics professor, Xia...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 4, 2013
Amid bleak job prospects for many of China’s fresh college graduates, The Economist reports that even an education abroad is no longer the golden ticket it once was: […] Several studies show that sea turtles on average...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods