A comprehensive new report from Scholars at Risk looks at various facets of academic censorship and control in China, and around the world at the Chinese government’s behest. The report examines threats to scholars and...
by Natalie Ornell | Oct 27, 2013
After Peking University expelled its politically outspoken liberal Economics professor, Xia...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 4, 2013
Amid bleak job prospects for many of China’s fresh college graduates, The Economist reports that even an education abroad is no longer the golden ticket it once was: […] Several studies show that sea turtles on average...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”