At China Real Time, Josh Chin reports on liberal businessman Wang Gongquan’s public...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 30, 2014
Tea Leaf Nation’s David Wertime notes the appearance and swift deletion of a weibo account...
by Josh Rudolph | Jan 22, 2014
Civil rights activist and New Citizens’ Movement founder Xu Zhiyong was detained in July and...
by Samuel Wade | Dec 4, 2013
The second trial of three civil society activists for illegal assembly continued in Jiangxi on...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China