July 29, 2014 1:15 AM
agriculture Beijing CCTV censorship children's health chinese food consumer safety corruption dairy industry Directives from the Ministry of Truth drug safety exports FDA food food exports food safety food scandal food security food standards food supply foreign companies General Administration of Quality Supervision genetically modified food Guangdong infant formula Japan Japan relations kfc meat melamine milk milk contamination Ministry of Agriculture Ministry of Health Ministry of Truth Olympics food organic food pet food poisoned dumplings pollution pork product safety propaganda public health Sanlu sina weibo tainted exports tainted food toxic foods U.S. trade
July 25, 2014 4:06 PM
As the OSI food safety scandal rolls on, with some McDonald’s restaurants reportedly selling only drinks and French fries, Victor Mair
毒大米 (dú dàmǐ): poison rice Rice that has been treated with toxic chemicals to increase its marketability. Old rice (陈米 chén mǐ)
July 23, 2014 8:40 AM
Yum Brands Inc.—the parent company that owns KFC, McDonald’s, and Pizza Hut—has faced its share of trials in a China. In 2012, Yum’s
July 21, 2014 5:12 PM
- China to Restrict Foreign Dairy, Replicate Br...
- Minister Says He Eats Genetically Modified Fo...
- Back in China, Watching My Words
- Food Imports Rise As Environment Declines
- Bicyclist Blames Failed Dope Test on Chinese ...
- GMO Politics and Grain Espionage
- Majority of Chinese Oppose American GM Crops
- Censorship Vault: High School Food Poisoning
- Censorship Vault: Sit-In Over Pork
- Poppy Seedpods are Too Hot to Handle
- New Claims Against Danone, Subsidies for Dome...
- Rotten Fruit Juice & the Future of Food ...
- China’s Genetically Modified Food Fight
- Satan Lucky’s Floating World
- Consumers Lured by Promise of Safe Groceries ...
- Six Dairy Companies Fined for Price Fixing
- New Zealand’s Fonterra Apologizes for M...
- Life in a Toxic Country