May 19, 2013 7:22 AM
Beijing black jail bomb censorship chengguan contemporary artists demolition diaoyu islands Directives from the Ministry of Truth forced evictions Fuzhou housing right human rights watch land disputes land grabs land reform land rights lawyers Liaoning local power Ministry of Truth nailhouse Ni Yulan petitioners political cartoons political humor property rights relocation self-immolations Wukan
April 10, 2012 12:09 AM
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been leaked and distributed on
NPR’s Louisa Lim profiles singer Zuoxiao Zuzhou, who has been described as “China’s Leonard Cohen”
February 18, 2013 11:28 AM
Oiwan Lam at Global Voices Online looks at Chinese art-activist Li Ning and his art group, the Body Art Guerrilla Group,
January 23, 2013 9:34 PM
- AmazeNews: At the Mercy of “Brother Emperor”
- PX Protests, Hollow Victories and Forced Demo...
- After Forced Evictions, a Nightmare of Red Ta...
- China’s Land Seizures Drop
- Standing Their Ground: Violent Evictions in C...
- Ministry of Truth: Mum on Slain Farmer
- Ni Yulan and the Agonies of Chinese Justice
- Small Victory for Activist Cleared of Fraud
- Suicide Bomber Kills Two in ‘Housing Di...
- US Calls for Release of Housing Activist ...
- Scenes from a Forced Demolition
- Drawing the News: Politics in the House
- Drawing the News: Evil Kungfu Panda and More
- Cartoon: Godzilla’s Gentler Side
- Rebel Pepper: A New National Emblem
- Word of the Week: Chāi nǎ (Demolish It)
- Netizen Voices: Hounded Out of House and Home
- Feng Jicai on Big Government