December 11, 2013 6:07 PM
activists Beijing defending rights demolition farmers hutongs immolation land disputes land grabs land rights local power nailhouse Ni Yulan Olympics construction petitioners photos political cartoons political humor property rights protests public intellectuals redevelopment relocation self-immolations Shanghai social stability social unrest videos Wukan Yu Jianrong
November 11, 2013 11:14 AM
At Sinosphere, Didi Kirsten Tatlow describes efforts to preserve Beijing’s Ming-dynasty Picking Flowers Temple: Today, underwear hangs
In a new show of desperation over forced demolitions of homes, a group of 12 petitioners from Wuhan drank pesticide in a group suicide bid in Beijing
December 11, 2013 2:27 PM
Satan Lucky (@撒旦君_Satan) has created a menagerie of monsters in modern China, the “Strange Creatures of Cathay” (华夏异事录).
October 25, 2013 1:51 PM
- Censorship Vault: Reporter Beaten for Investi...
- The Anatomy of a Shanghai Land Grab
- Activist Ni Yulan Released from Prison
- Urban, But Left Behind
- Graffitist Marks Chinese Embassy for Demoliti...
- HRW: End Involuntary Resettlement of Tibetans
- AmazeNews: At the Mercy of “Brother Emperor”
- ‘China’s Leonard Cohen’ Cal...
- Tensions Mount as China Snatches Farms for Ho...
- China’s Resistance Art Beyond Ai Weiwei
- Henan Officials Commit a Grave Error
- PX Protests, Hollow Victories and Forced Demo...
- After Forced Evictions, a Nightmare of Red Ta...
- China’s Land Seizures Drop
- Standing Their Ground: Violent Evictions in C...
- Ministry of Truth: Mum on Slain Farmer
- Ni Yulan and the Agonies of Chinese Justice
- Small Victory for Activist Cleared of Fraud