May 26, 2015 2:39 PM
1989 protests activists air pollution Ai Weiwei art Beijing blogs CCTV censorship Chongqing corruption diplomacy Directives from the Ministry of Truth economic growth food safety freedom of expression Guangdong history Hu Jintao Internet censorship Japan journalism labor rights media censorship migrant workers Ministry of Truth Netizen Voices online public opinion petitioners photos police violence political prisoners propaganda protests self-immolations Shanghai Sichuan sina weibo social unrest Tibet transparency U.S. relations Uyghurs videos water pollution wealth gap weibo Wen Jiabao word of the week Xi Jinping
April 28, 2014 10:41 PM
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been leaked and distributed online. The name of the
Cartoon band Whale Island (鲸鱼岛乐队) released its first single just after the Qingming festival, also known as Tomb Sweeping Day, this
December 26, 2014 12:00 AM
Global Times’ Cao Siqi reports on the mysterious demolition (or relocation, according to local authorities) of 72 newsstands in Beijing’s
August 11, 2014 9:45 AM
- Twelve Petitioners Attempt Suicide in Beijing
- Official Puts Demolition Workers On Pedestal
- Shanghai’s Older Generation Hark Back t...
- The Tales of Two Temples
- Petitioners Drink Pesticide to Protest Demoli...
- Censorship Vault: Reporter Beaten for Investi...
- New China Cities: Shoddy Homes, Broken Hope
- The Anatomy of a Shanghai Land Grab
- Activist Ni Yulan Released from Prison
- Urban, But Left Behind
- Graffitist Marks Chinese Embassy for Demoliti...
- HRW: End Involuntary Resettlement of Tibetans
- AmazeNews: At the Mercy of “Brother Emperor”
- ‘China’s Leonard Cohen’ Cal...
- Tensions Mount as China Snatches Farms for Ho...
- China’s Resistance Art Beyond Ai Weiwei
- Henan Officials Commit a Grave Error
- PX Protests, Hollow Victories and Forced Demo...