April 9, 2013 5:50 PM
accountability Ai Qing Ai Weiwei detention 2011 Bin Laden book reviews CCP history censorship Chinese history CIA Cultural Revolution Dalai Lama famine gao xingjian Henan Henry Kissinger historical record history intelligence Internet censorship Internet regulation Jiang Zemin June 4th lei zhengfu Li Chengpeng Mao Yushi Mao Zedong Murong Xuecun obesity PRC history Yang Jisheng
April 1, 2013 11:44 AM
Jonathan Mirsky discusses books by CIA veteran John Kenneth Knaus and anthropologist Carole McGranahan on the history and
In this week’s Drawing the News, online cartoonists ring the alarm bell on new Internet regulations, corrupt officials go
January 4, 2013 2:42 PM
The Guardian’s Tania Branigan interviews former Xinhua journalist Yang Jisheng, author of Tombstone: The Great Chin
January 3, 2013 6:49 PM
- Li Chengpeng: Speak
- A “Tombstone” for 36 Million
- ‘Tombstone: The Great Chinese Famine...
- Tombstone, the 1959-1961 Famine in China
- A Great Leap Into the Abyss
- The Great Leap From Myth to History
- Documenting China’s Lost History of Fam...
- Mo Yan Has “Lost Faith in the PartyR...
- Mao (Still?) Tears China Apart
- Mao’s Legacy Still Divides China
- Letter Reveals Vanished Artist’s Deepes...
- Finding the Facts About Mao’s Victims
- James Seymour: Ghost Song
- Frank Dikötter: Mao’s Great Leap to Fam...
- Feast and Famine
- Mao’s Great Famine by Frank Dikötter
- Renowned Chinese Scientist Qian Xuesen Dies, ...
- Chinese Author of Book on Famine Braves Risks...