November 14, 2013 9:03 PM
Beijing News censorship constitution David Bandurski Directives from the Ministry of Truth filtered keywords freedom of speech Global Times Guangdong Guangzhou Internet censorship journalists Li Chengpeng media censorship media conditions Ministry of Truth New Citizens' Movement news media political reform press freedom propaganda protest Sensitive Words Series sina weibo Southern Media Group Southern Weekly Tuo Zhen weibo Xi Jinping Yanhuang Chunqiu
February 17, 2013 11:34 AM
The New York Times’ Chris Buckley reports that writer and activist Yang Maodong has finally been allowed access to a lawyer, three months
Chris Buckley reports for The New York Times that police in Southern China have once again detained human rights advocate and New Citizens campaigner
August 17, 2013 10:07 PM
The South China Morning Post reports that writer and veteran journalist Chen Min (pen name Xiao Shu) was detained on Friday amid a campaign
August 2, 2013 10:46 AM
- The Death of a News Censor
- Hu Chunhua: Heading to the Top via Guangdong?
- Why Southern Weekly?
- Chang Ping on Media Censorship and Its Future
- Reformers Aim to Get China to Live Up to Own ...
- Widening Discontent Among the Party Faithful
- Southern Weekly Editor Replaced to Calm Dispu...
- Controversy Pursues Li Chengpeng Book Tour
- Hexie Farm (蟹农场): The Sit-in
- The Legacy of the Southern Weekly Protests
- Southern Weekly Conflict Resolved; Concerns L...
- Beijing News: Defiance, Tears, and Porridge
- Censorship Row Engulfs Second Newspaper
- Southern Weekly Protests: The Big Picture
- Southern Weekly Censorship Faceoff Continues ...
- Han Han: A Tribute to Southern Weekly
- Hexie Farm (蟹农场): The King of Censorship
- Southern Weekly Editorial Staff Goes On Strik...