March 7, 2014 8:32 PM
agriculture architecture Beijing Chongqing cities development economic growth economic reform farmers forced demolitions household registration hukou land rights Li Keqiang migrant workers population reform rural areas rural China rural development rural migration rural reform urban development urban planning urban rural divide water crisis wealth gap wuhan Xi Jinping Yunnan
February 2, 2014 1:55 PM
Agence France-Presse in Anshun (via The South China Morning Post) reports that, in the process of urbanization, China’s relocated poor
As the annual National People’s Congress session kicked off at the Great Hall of the People on Tuesday, a fire broke out outside, reportedly
March 4, 2014 10:41 PM
AFP reports on the National People’s Congress scheduled to commence this Wednesday. Topics likely to be discussed during the legislative
March 3, 2014 4:23 PM
- Inside China’s Mistress Industrial Comp...
- Officials Look For Urban Gridlock Solution
- New Urbanization Plan Faces Hurdles
- CCP Details Urbanization Plans
- The Economics of Demolition: Creative Destruc...
- Nine Detained as Qingdao Pipeline Death Toll ...
- China’s Bohemian Wanderlust Not For Eve...
- Urbanites Find Refuge in China’s Countr...
- Sizing Up China’s Cities
- Cake Millionaire at Home in His Six Castles
- Nail Farmers Shelter Old Gods
- China’s Building Push Goes Underground
- New China Cities: Shoddy Homes, Broken Hope
- Rural Desperation Mounts Amid Urbanization
- Symptoms of the Hukou System and a Map to Ref...
- Beijing Sees Its Own Reflection in Water Cris...
- A Mongolian Shaman in Atheist China
- Urban, But Left Behind