July 13, 2014 8:37 PM
2008 Sichuan earthquake Beijing blogs Bo Xilai CCP censorship China's rise climate change corruption Dalai Lama diplomacy Directives from the Ministry of Truth economic growth food safety Hu Jintao Internet censorship Internet control Japan media censorship migrant workers Ministry of Truth photos press freedom propaganda protests Shanghai sina weibo Tibet U.S. relations United States Uyghurs wealth gap weibo Xi Jinping Xinjiang
February 5, 2014 3:02 PM
In the New York Times, Yu Hua writes that most Chinese, including himself, have never even seen an election ballot: “I’m over 18,” still another
In The New Emperors: Power and the Princelings in China, the University of Sydney’s Kerry Brown offers insight into the lives and thinking
June 30, 2014 6:14 PM
At The New York Times, Yu Hua reports a literature professor’s suggestion, “based more on poetic license than empirical evidence,”
May 12, 2014 4:35 PM
- Yu Hua on Nostalgia for the Cultural Revoluti...
- Yu Hua: China’s “Absurd” Hi...
- ChinaFile Interview with Yu Hua
- Yu Hua: The Hijacking of Chinese Patriotism
- Yu Hua: The Challenges of Conveying Absurd Re...
- When Filial Piety Is the Law
- Yu Hua: “In China, Power is Arrogant...
- Yu Hua: Feudal Answers for Modern Problems
- Yu Hua: “Only Proper That My Books Be P...
- Yu Hua: Censorship’s Many Faces
- Masters of Subservience: China’s ‘...
- A Good Year for Chinese-English Translation
- All Eyes on the 5th Generation
- Realism’s Return: Yu Hua’s ‘...
- Cultural Lexicon
- Yu Hua on China’s Future
- Yu Hua: The Spirit of May 35th
- Yu Hua: China in 10 Words