January 9, 2015 7:32 PM
1949 60 years 1989 protests blogs book reviews books Bo Xilai bribery CCP CCP 5th generation censorship corruption Cultural Revolution democracy east china sea elections food safety freedom of expression grass-mud horse Han Han harmonious society history inflation innovation intellectual property rights journalism leadership transition literature Liu Xiaobo Mao Zedong media censorship nationalism Nobel Prize official corruption online activism online public opinion piracy Politburo Standing Committee political reform PRC history public opinion SARFT sina weibo traditional culture transparency TV views of China weibo writers Xi Jinping Zhang Yimou
February 5, 2014 3:02 PM
Goodreads interviews author Yu Hua about his new novel The Seventh Day: A Novel, his childhood during the Cultural Revolution, and his advice for
In the New York Times, Yu Hua writes that most Chinese, including himself, have never even seen an election ballot: “I’m over 18,” still another
July 13, 2014 8:37 PM
In The New Emperors: Power and the Princelings in China, the University of Sydney’s Kerry Brown offers insight into the lives and thinking
June 30, 2014 6:14 PM
- Yu Hua: Follow the Money
- Yu Hua on Nostalgia for the Cultural Revoluti...
- Yu Hua: China’s “Absurd” Hi...
- ChinaFile Interview with Yu Hua
- Yu Hua: The Hijacking of Chinese Patriotism
- Yu Hua: The Challenges of Conveying Absurd Re...
- When Filial Piety Is the Law
- Yu Hua: “In China, Power is Arrogant...
- Yu Hua: Feudal Answers for Modern Problems
- Yu Hua: “Only Proper That My Books Be P...
- Yu Hua: Censorship’s Many Faces
- Masters of Subservience: China’s ‘...
- A Good Year for Chinese-English Translation
- All Eyes on the 5th Generation
- Realism’s Return: Yu Hua’s ‘...
- Cultural Lexicon
- Yu Hua on China’s Future
- Yu Hua: The Spirit of May 35th