December 2, 2013 11:57 PM
1989 20 years 1989 protests abuse of power Air Defense Identification Zone anniversaries arts censorship book reviews books Bo Xilai bureaucracy Cultural Revolution east china sea elderly filial piety film censorship food safety freedom of expression government grass-mud horse ha jin Han Han history intellectual property rights jiang rong leadership transition literature Li Yiyun mo yan patriotism writers
March 19, 2012 11:07 AM
At The New York Times, author Yu Hua uses China’s new East China Sea Air Defense Identification Zone and the death in July of watermelon vendor
In the Los Angeles Review of Books, Megan Shank interviews writer Yu Hua, whose recent book of short stories will be published in the U.S. in January.
October 29, 2013 2:01 PM
In a New York Times op-ed, author Yu Hua complains that by compelling regular contact with parents with China’s recently amended “filial
July 8, 2013 1:58 PM
- Yu Hua: “In China, Power is Arrogant...
- Yu Hua: Feudal Answers for Modern Problems
- Yu Hua: “Only Proper That My Books Be P...
- Yu Hua: Censorship’s Many Faces
- Masters of Subservience: China’s ‘...
- A Good Year for Chinese-English Translation
- Realism’s Return: Yu Hua’s ‘...
- Cultural Lexicon
- Yu Hua on China’s Future
- Yu Hua: The Spirit of May 35th
- Yu Hua: China in 10 Words
- Yu Hua (余华): China’s Forgotten Revolution
- Three Generations View China At 60
- Between Communism and Capitalism: Review of B...
- Four New Books About China
- For This Writer, China is an Open Book
- The Bonfire of China’s Vanities
- China’s hit novel: tremendous or trash?...