February 23, 2014 10:03 PM
1989 20 years Air Defense Identification Zone anniversaries arts censorship book reviews books Bo Xilai bureaucracy censorship Deng Zhengjia filial piety film censorship food safety freedom of expression government grass-mud horse ha jin Han Han history innovation intellectual property rights interview jiang rong leadership transition literature Li Yiyun mo yan patriotism weibo writers
February 5, 2014 3:02 PM
At ChinaFile Columbia University graduate student Zhang Xiaoran interviews writer Yu Hua via email on a wide range of topics including the impact
At The New York Times, author Yu Hua uses China’s new East China Sea Air Defense Identification Zone and the death in July of watermelon vendor
December 2, 2013 11:57 PM
In the Los Angeles Review of Books, Megan Shank interviews writer Yu Hua, whose recent book of short stories will be published in the U.S. in January.
October 29, 2013 2:01 PM
- When Filial Piety Is the Law
- Yu Hua: “In China, Power is Arrogant...
- Yu Hua: Feudal Answers for Modern Problems
- Yu Hua: “Only Proper That My Books Be P...
- Yu Hua: Censorship’s Many Faces
- Masters of Subservience: China’s ‘...
- A Good Year for Chinese-English Translation
- All Eyes on the 5th Generation
- Realism’s Return: Yu Hua’s ‘...
- Cultural Lexicon
- Yu Hua on China’s Future
- Yu Hua: The Spirit of May 35th
- Yu Hua: China in 10 Words
- Yu Hua (余华): China’s Forgotten Revolution
- Three Generations View China At 60
- Between Communism and Capitalism: Review of B...
- Four New Books About China
- For This Writer, China is an Open Book