Ideological orthodoxy has long been a top Party priority, and in recent years digital technology has been increasingly utilized by authorities toward that goal. Xuexi Qiangguo, a slick Alibaba-made app designed to teach users Xi...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 5, 2019
As China’s internment camps in Xinjiang and their million-plus inhabitants attract mounting...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 21, 2019
Chinese tech companies’ ties with Party and state authorities are coming under increasingly...
by Josh Rudolph | Jan 30, 2015
Reuters Sue-Lin Wong reports on a new policy in Xinjiang requiring those wishing to purchase...
by Natalie Ornell | Jan 5, 2014
The Wall Street Journal reports that Xiaomi’s sales more than doubled in 2013 but that the...
by Samuel Wade | Dec 4, 2013
The Wall Street Journal’s Lorraine Luk and Daisuke Wakabayashi report a long-anticipated...
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’