Li Ling is a historian and a professor in the Department of Chinese Language and Literature,...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 5, 2015
A recent flurry of translations at Fei Chang Dao tracks the development of China’s current...
by Sophie Beach | Oct 12, 2014
For the New York Times, Chris Buckley reports on President Xi Jinping’s tendency to publicly...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 7, 2014
While Party and businesses extol the merits of the Dizigui, a 17th century book of Confucian...
by Samuel Wade | Dec 3, 2013
China Real Time’s Josh Chin talks to Sam Crane, author of the Useless Tree blog and Life,...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 30, 2013
In its quest to quell public anger over a range of issues, the Xi Jinping administration may be...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods