The Word of the Week comes from the Grass-Mud Horse Lexicon, a glossary of terms created by...
by Grace | Feb 7, 2014
Luxury sports car manufacturer Aston Martin is recalling more than 5,000 cars after uncovering...
by Samuel Wade | Dec 23, 2013
At The New York Times’ ArtBeat, David Barboza reports that a nine-character calligraphy...
by Josh Rudolph | Oct 3, 2013
In March, Danish toymaker Lego announced plans to build its first Chinese factory to help satisfy...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 19, 2013
According to a new report from the UN Office on Drugs and Crime, 68 percent of all counterfeit goods seized globally between 2008 and 2010 were manufactured in China. Quartz reports: Counterfeit goods make up about 2% of world...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods