The Word of the Week comes from the Grass-Mud Horse Lexicon, a glossary of terms created by...
by Cindy | Feb 7, 2014
Luxury sports car manufacturer Aston Martin is recalling more than 5,000 cars after uncovering...
by Samuel Wade | Dec 23, 2013
At The New York Times’ ArtBeat, David Barboza reports that a nine-character calligraphy...
by Josh Rudolph | Oct 3, 2013
In March, Danish toymaker Lego announced plans to build its first Chinese factory to help satisfy...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 19, 2013
According to a new report from the UN Office on Drugs and Crime, 68 percent of all counterfeit goods seized globally between 2008 and 2010 were manufactured in China. Quartz reports: Counterfeit goods make up about 2% of world...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”