The Word of the Week comes from the Grass-Mud Horse Lexicon, a glossary of terms created by...
by Cindy | Feb 7, 2014
Luxury sports car manufacturer Aston Martin is recalling more than 5,000 cars after uncovering...
by Samuel Wade | Dec 23, 2013
At The New York Times’ ArtBeat, David Barboza reports that a nine-character calligraphy...
by Josh Rudolph | Oct 3, 2013
In March, Danish toymaker Lego announced plans to build its first Chinese factory to help satisfy...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 19, 2013
According to a new report from the UN Office on Drugs and Crime, 68 percent of all counterfeit goods seized globally between 2008 and 2010 were manufactured in China. Quartz reports: Counterfeit goods make up about 2% of world...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions