The tension between development and environmental protection in China has been most keenly felt in...
great leap forward
by Josh Rudolph | Aug 11, 2014
Documentary film-maker Hu Jie’s body of work has focused on Party history from the 1950s to...
by Sophie Beach | Jan 7, 2014
For The Hindu, Ananth Krishnan is writing a series of articles exploring China “from Mao to...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 18, 2013
Chris Buckley notes efforts, as the 120th anniversary of Mao’s birth approaches, to...
by Cindy | Sep 10, 2013
A Chinese professor was recently attacked by netizens on Sina Weibo for underestimating the death...
by Anne Henochowicz | Jun 20, 2013
When something disappears from the Internet in China, netizens joke that it has been “river-crabbed,” a play on the euphemism “harmonized.” The River Crab Archive is a collection of blog post titles, weibo, and other materials...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms