China’s emerging social credit system has attracted an exceptional level of attention and...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 12, 2014
New Scientist’s Jacob Aron reports that China’s Jade Rabbit moon rover has been...
by Josh Rudolph | Jun 13, 2013
In her latest “Letter from China,” the New York Times’ Didi Kirsten Tatlow provides an overview of the newly released book Chinese Industrial Espionage: Technology Acquisition and Military Modernisation....
by Samuel Wade | Jun 6, 2013
A new supercomputer based in Changsha is likely to be ranked the world’s fastest later this month, reclaiming a crown briefly held by China’s Tianhe-1A in 2010. The new system has exceeded 30 petaflops (quadrillion...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions