China’s emerging social credit system has attracted an exceptional level of attention and...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 12, 2014
New Scientist’s Jacob Aron reports that China’s Jade Rabbit moon rover has been...
by Josh Rudolph | Jun 13, 2013
In her latest “Letter from China,” the New York Times’ Didi Kirsten Tatlow provides an overview of the newly released book Chinese Industrial Espionage: Technology Acquisition and Military Modernisation....
by Samuel Wade | Jun 6, 2013
A new supercomputer based in Changsha is likely to be ranked the world’s fastest later this month, reclaiming a crown briefly held by China’s Tianhe-1A in 2010. The new system has exceeded 30 petaflops (quadrillion...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”