Official visits to Japan’s Yasukuni Shrine, where convicted war criminals are enshrined...
by Cindy | Mar 27, 2015
To mark the upcoming 70th anniversary of Japan’s defeat at the end of World War Two, China...
by Cindy | Feb 21, 2014
Director of US naval intelligence James Fannell remarked at a public forum that China has been...
by Natalie Ornell | Feb 9, 2014
Reuters reports that the United States has emphasized its intention to defend both Japan and...
by Xiao Qiang | Apr 12, 2005
From The Economist Intelligence Unit: Tensions between China and Japan, already heightened by incidents in recent months that have included a Chinese submarine’s incursion into Japanese waters and new Japanese defence guidelines, have risen sharply as a result of Chinese protests over a Japanese history textbook that many claim downplays Japanese atrocities in the region. […]
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”