Ma Jian, China’s former vice minister of state security, has been sentenced to life in...
ma jian corruption case
by Josh Rudolph | May 19, 2017
Guo Wengui (aka Miles Kwok), a Chinese billionaire with suspected ties to China’s...
by Josh Rudolph | May 15, 2017
Chinese billionaire Guo Wengui, who has suspected ties to China’s intelligence apparatus and is...
by Sophie Beach | Apr 15, 2015
Last month, Caixin magazine and its editor-in-chief Hu Shuli announced that they would file a...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 1, 2015
Amid the row between Caixin Media founding editor Hu Shuli and the controlling shareholder of...
by Grace | Mar 31, 2015
Several Chinese media outlets have accused real estate developer Guo Wengui of having conspired...
CDT in the News
- VOA – China Media Directives Reveal Granular Detail of State Censorship
- The Jamestown Foundation – Early Warning Brief: Factional Strife Intensifies as Xi Strives to Consolidate Power
- Politico – China’s crypto ban fuels new U.S. wedge issue
- RFA – Meng Wanzhou Arrest, Return Used as Patriotic Talking Point in Chinese Schools
- Colombo Gazette – Digital autocracy in China: An appraisal