According to Stephen Chen from South China Morning Post, Chinese engineers are making plans to...
by Josh Rudolph | Feb 4, 2016
In recent years, as Beijing has been expanding economic ties with Latin America, engagement with...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 24, 2015
In Myanmar, 155 Chinese citizens have been sentenced—all but two to life—for illegal logging....
by Scott Greene | Oct 28, 2013
Xi Jinping’s recent trip to Central Asia marked a watershed moment in China’s pivot to...
by Olivia Rosenman | Aug 4, 2013
Li Jing at The South China Morning Post reports on a United Nations Environment Program study on China’s resource consumption. The study finds that the speed and scale of resource consumption in the past 38 years in China has no...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China