According to Stephen Chen from South China Morning Post, Chinese engineers are making plans to...
by Josh Rudolph | Feb 4, 2016
In recent years, as Beijing has been expanding economic ties with Latin America, engagement with...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 24, 2015
In Myanmar, 155 Chinese citizens have been sentenced—all but two to life—for illegal logging....
by Scott Greene | Oct 28, 2013
Xi Jinping’s recent trip to Central Asia marked a watershed moment in China’s pivot to...
by Olivia Rosenman | Aug 4, 2013
Li Jing at The South China Morning Post reports on a United Nations Environment Program study on China’s resource consumption. The study finds that the speed and scale of resource consumption in the past 38 years in China has no...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods