Ideological orthodoxy has long been a top Party priority, and in recent years digital technology has been increasingly utilized by authorities toward that goal. Xuexi Qiangguo, a slick Alibaba-made app designed to teach users Xi...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 5, 2014
Reuters’ Jim Finkle notes China’s exclusion of American Symantec and Russian Kaspersky...
by Cindy | Jul 22, 2014
According to China Internet Network Information Center, the number of Chinese Internet users...
by Natalie Ornell | Jan 5, 2014
The Wall Street Journal reports that Xiaomi’s sales more than doubled in 2013 but that the...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms