The Word of the Week comes from the Grass-Mud Horse Lexicon, a glossary of terms created by...
southern weekly protest 2013
by Samuel Wade | Nov 28, 2014
A new trial for activists Guo Feixiong and Sun Desheng began on Friday amid heavy security after...
by Josh Rudolph | Sep 9, 2014
Dissident writer and human rights legal activist Yang Maodong, better known by his pen name Guo...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 20, 2014
Following the announcement of regulations on “critical” news reporting on Wednesday,...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods