The Word of the Week comes from the Grass-Mud Horse Lexicon, a glossary of terms created by...
southern weekly protest 2013
by Samuel Wade | Nov 28, 2014
A new trial for activists Guo Feixiong and Sun Desheng began on Friday amid heavy security after...
by Josh Rudolph | Sep 9, 2014
Dissident writer and human rights legal activist Yang Maodong, better known by his pen name Guo...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 20, 2014
Following the announcement of regulations on “critical” news reporting on Wednesday,...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”