Several recent reports have exposed the extreme hardships imposed on Chinese delivery drivers by unforgiving algorithms, merciless delivery companies, and expectant consumers. At NPR this week, Emily Feng shadowed a young...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 29, 2018
Two weeks ago, CDT translated a deleted essay by Renmin University student Xiang Junwei describing...
by zctph48 | May 9, 2018
In the run-up to International Workers’ Day on May 1, crane workers across China organized a...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 27, 2017
The conviction last September of three prominent labor activists for “gathering crowds to disturb...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 30, 2016
On Monday, three labor activists associated with Guangdong’s Panyu Worker’s Center were sentenced...
CDT in the News
- FT – Chinese censors take aim at former premier Wen Jiabao’s essay
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers