Several recent reports have exposed the extreme hardships imposed on Chinese delivery drivers by unforgiving algorithms, merciless delivery companies, and expectant consumers. At NPR this week, Emily Feng shadowed a young...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 29, 2018
Two weeks ago, CDT translated a deleted essay by Renmin University student Xiang Junwei describing...
by zctph48 | May 9, 2018
In the run-up to International Workers’ Day on May 1, crane workers across China organized a...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 27, 2017
The conviction last September of three prominent labor activists for “gathering crowds to disturb...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 30, 2016
On Monday, three labor activists associated with Guangdong’s Panyu Worker’s Center were sentenced...
CDT in the News
- FT – Chinese city suffers food shortages during Covid-19 lockdown
- Mind Matters – Lawyer Turned Citizen Journalist in China Turns Up Again—in Jail
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020