Chinese author Yu Hua, who recently published a collection of essays titled “We Live in a...
by Josh Rudolph | Mar 27, 2015
At The Telegraph, Tom Phillip’s takes a look at novelist Yan Lianke’s most recent...
by Natalie Ornell | Mar 18, 2014
At The New York Times, writer Yu Hua describes how Chinese people today avoid the language of...
by Sophie Beach | Oct 29, 2013
In the Los Angeles Review of Books, Megan Shank interviews writer Yu Hua, whose recent book of...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 1, 2013
At The New York Times, NPR’s Louisa Lim examines China’s popular ‘bureaucracy lit’, focusing on former official Wang Xiaofang’s Civil Servant’s Notebook. The genre has recently attracted increased...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods