Chinese author Yu Hua, who recently published a collection of essays titled “We Live in a...
by Josh Rudolph | Mar 27, 2015
At The Telegraph, Tom Phillip’s takes a look at novelist Yan Lianke’s most recent...
by Natalie Ornell | Mar 18, 2014
At The New York Times, writer Yu Hua describes how Chinese people today avoid the language of...
by Sophie Beach | Oct 29, 2013
In the Los Angeles Review of Books, Megan Shank interviews writer Yu Hua, whose recent book of...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 1, 2013
At The New York Times, NPR’s Louisa Lim examines China’s popular ‘bureaucracy lit’, focusing on former official Wang Xiaofang’s Civil Servant’s Notebook. The genre has recently attracted increased...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions