After refusing to publish a Global Times article concerning the protests at Southern Weekly, Beijing News President Dai Zigeng resigned his post.
As of January 8, the following search terms are blocked on Sina Weibo (not including the “search for user” function).
- Beijing News president (新京报社长)
- XJB: Pinyin abbreviation for Beijing News (Xin Jing Bao). The name of the paper itself (新京报) is still searchable as of posting.
- Dai Zigeng (戴自更): Unblocked as of this posting.
- President Dai (戴社长)
- president + resign (社长+辞职)
- Beijing News + resign (新京报+辞职)
- reprint Global [Times] (转载环球)
See also Sensitive Words updates from January 3, January 4, January 6, and January 7.
All Chinese-language words are tested using simplified characters. The same terms in traditional characters occasionally return different results.
Browse all of CDT’s collected sensitive words in this bilingual Google spreadsheet.
CDT Chinese runs a project that crowd-sources filtered keywords on Sina Weibo search. CDT independently tests the keywords before posting them, but some searches later become accessible again. We welcome readers to contribute to this project so that we can include the most up-to-date information. To add words, check out the form at the bottom of CDT Chinese’s latest sensitive words post.
« Back to Article