September 22, 2014 2:18 PM
2008 Sichuan earthquake Beijing blogs Bo Xilai CCP censorship China's rise climate change corruption Dalai Lama diplomacy Directives from the Ministry of Truth economic growth food safety Hu Jintao Internet censorship Internet control Japan media censorship migrant workers Ministry of Truth photos press freedom propaganda protests Shanghai sina weibo Tibet U.S. relations United States Uyghurs wealth gap weibo Xi Jinping Xinjiang
July 25, 2010 6:44 PM
The South China Morning Post reports that, amid an ongoing drive to promote the use of standardized Mandarin Chinese (普通话 putonghua,
As the OSI food safety scandal rolls on, with some McDonald’s restaurants reportedly selling only drinks and French fries, Victor Mair
July 29, 2014 1:15 AM
Tech in Asia’s Josh Horwitz talks to Mike Love, developer of the highly regarded Chinese dictionary app Pleco, whose features include handwriting
June 25, 2014 4:15 AM
- Turkestan Islamic Party Posts Video on Urumqi...
- A Devotion to Language Proves Risky
- What to Make of State Media’s War on Ac...
- Secret Messages in URLs: Decoding 4008-517-51...
- Call To Ban Foreign Words Met With Scorn
- Which Chinese Words Should English Speakers A...
- Is Cantonese a Dialect or a Language?
- Regulator Mutes Dialects, Foreign Languages &...
- China’s Linguistic Landscape is Changin...
- Uyghurs Face Discrimination and Suspicion
- Learn Mandarin the Chineasy Way
- Amnesty Launches Chinese-Language Website
- Harmony Particles: Rebranding Air Pollution
- Some Ga. Schools Make Mandarin Mandatory
- Scholars Fight Back Against Roman Invasion
- Xinhua Dictionary Reflects Social Change
- How Technology is Changing Chinese
- Five Books on Chinese Language & Culture