February 18, 2014 1:51 PM
Asia Cantonese china studies Chinese characters chinese language learning confucius institute cultural diplomacy dialects education England English foreigners in China human rights activists Internet culture language Latin America mandarin netizens online games pinyin PM2.5 scotland slang soft power study chinese thailand TV U.S. China's rise U.S. relations United States
January 5, 2007 10:34 AM
Early this month, Hong Kong’s Education Bureau deleted an article from their website after it exposed a legal grey area inhabited by spoken
Global Times reports instructions for TV and radio hosts to use more “proper Putonghua”: The State General Administration of Press,
January 6, 2014 5:38 PM
Andrew Jacobs at The New York Times reports that discrimination against ethnic Uyghurs is on the rise in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region.
October 10, 2013 9:44 PM
- China’s Linguistic Landscape is Changin...
- Learn Mandarin the Chineasy Way
- Amnesty Launches Chinese-Language Website
- Harmony Particles: Rebranding Air Pollution
- Some Ga. Schools Make Mandarin Mandatory
- Scholars Fight Back Against Roman Invasion
- Xinhua Dictionary Reflects Social Change
- How Technology is Changing Chinese
- Five Books on Chinese Language & Culture
- A Word to Describe Chinese Society
- Is Huntsman Fluent In Chinese? And Does It Ma...
- Michael Churchman: Confucius Institutes and C...
- Chinese to Be Taught in All Swedish Schools
- Father of Hanyu Pinyin Turns Sweet 106
- In China, Protests Underscore a Rift over Dia...
- Verna Yu: Cantonese, Please
- Jon Stewart: Socialism Studies?
- Learning Chinese in Mexico: Children Prepare ...