September 22, 2014 2:18 PM
Abdullah Mansour Abduweli Ayup Africa culture Africa relations Africa trade air pollution alibaba Amnesty International app Asia asia china's rise blogs broadcasting Cantonese cell phones censorship chinese overseas complex characters Confucian Confucianism confucius institute cultural diplomacy dialects Dream of the Red Chamber East Turkestan education emigrants England English ethnic discrimination ethnic minority ethnic tensions Europe five books food safety foreigners in China foreign languages GDP Guangzhou homosexuality Hong Kong Hong Kong relations human rights activists indonesia Internet censorship Internet culture Internet development Internet trends iPhone Japan
July 25, 2010 6:44 PM
The South China Morning Post reports that, amid an ongoing drive to promote the use of standardized Mandarin Chinese (普通话 putonghua,
As the OSI food safety scandal rolls on, with some McDonald’s restaurants reportedly selling only drinks and French fries, Victor Mair
July 29, 2014 1:15 AM
Tech in Asia’s Josh Horwitz talks to Mike Love, developer of the highly regarded Chinese dictionary app Pleco, whose features include handwriting
June 25, 2014 4:15 AM
- Turkestan Islamic Party Posts Video on Urumqi...
- A Devotion to Language Proves Risky
- What to Make of State Media’s War on Ac...
- Secret Messages in URLs: Decoding 4008-517-51...
- Call To Ban Foreign Words Met With Scorn
- Which Chinese Words Should English Speakers A...
- Is Cantonese a Dialect or a Language?
- Regulator Mutes Dialects, Foreign Languages &...
- China’s Linguistic Landscape is Changin...
- Uyghurs Face Discrimination and Suspicion
- Learn Mandarin the Chineasy Way
- Amnesty Launches Chinese-Language Website
- Harmony Particles: Rebranding Air Pollution
- Some Ga. Schools Make Mandarin Mandatory
- Scholars Fight Back Against Roman Invasion
- Xinhua Dictionary Reflects Social Change
- How Technology is Changing Chinese
- Five Books on Chinese Language & Culture