March 18, 2013 7:46 PM
CCP corruption democracy detention forced demolitions Guangdong housing right Hu Jintao income gap land land disputes land grab protests land rights Lin Zulian local politics mass incidents microblogs police brutality political reform protest protests sina weibo stability village elections Wang Yang weibo Wen Jiabao Wukan Xue Jinbo Zuotan
September 20, 2012 11:53 PM
Mimi Lau of the South China Morning Post reports that despite his reformist credentials, new Guangdong party chief Hu Chu
Global Times’ Liang Chen revisits the “seesaw battle” over grave demolitions in Henan, which began last
March 13, 2013 12:52 PM
While a disputed land sale has sparked protests and demands for democracy in the Guangdong village of Shangpu, Reuters re
March 4, 2013 7:39 AM
- Wukan Democracy Leaves Village Divided
- Can Wukan Maintain Relevance?
- State Council May Clamp Down on Land Grabs
- How Far Can The CCP Push Reform?
- “Honeymoon is Over” in Wukan
- One Year Later, Wukan Faces Same Challenges
- Quasi-Emperors and Displaced Villagers
- An Architect’s Vision: Bare Elegance in China
- Video: A Story of Invisible Water
- Death and Civil Unrest in Yunnan
- Activist Ni Yulan and Husband Dong Jiqin Sent...
- Foreign Journalists Jumped in Panhe
- Wukan’s Sensitive Legacy
- Wukan Protest Leader Named Party Chief
- Sensitive Words: Riots in Guangdong
- Riot in Guangdong Village Over Sale of Land
- Hu Deping on Wukan and Land Rights
- “Wukan” on Sina Weibo: Unblocked ...