As of July 18, the following search terms are blocked on Sina Weibo (not including the “search for user” function).
A rumor has spread that Ling Jihua’s younger brother, Ling Wancheng, and his nephew, Ling Hujian, have fled to the U.S. Ling Jihua himself came under official scrutiny after allegedly covering up details of the car crash that killed his son in 2012. Ling Zhengce, Ling Jihua’s older brother, came under investigation for graft last month.
- 令狐剑: Ling Hujian
- 令计划弟弟: Ling Jihua’s younger brother
- 新四人帮: new Gang of Four — According to rumor, this includes Zhou Yongkang, Bo Xilai, Xu Caihou, and Ling Jihua.
- 令JH: Ling JH (retested) — Ling Jihua
The People’s Liberation Army (PLA) singer is rumored to be under investigation for misappropriating military funds.
- 女高音＋军费: soprano + military funds
- 宋＋军纪委: Song + Military Discipline and Inspection Committe
- 宋祖玉: Song Zuyu — Song Zuying’s younger sister
- 袁纯清＋自杀: Yuan Chunqing + suicide: Yuan Chunqing is the Shanxi party secretary. Mingjing News reported in April that Yuan’s security guard committed suicide by shooting himself [Chinese]. Deputy party secretary Jin Daoming came under a graft investigation in February. Yuan is implicated in the charges against Jin, according to Mingjing.
- 谭晶＋被抓: Tan Jing + be caught — The PLA singer is rumored to have had an affair with discipline inspection official Shen Weichen.
All Chinese-language words are tested using simplified characters. The same terms in traditional characters occasionally return different results.
CDT Chinese runs a project that crowd-sources filtered keywords on Sina Weibo search. CDT independently tests the keywords before posting them, but some searches later become accessible again. We welcome readers to contribute to this project so that we can include the most up-to-date information.
Have a sensitive word tip? Submit it to CDT through this form: