On Monday, state media announced the investigation of Huang Xingguo, the mayor and acting Party...
by Josh Rudolph | Dec 30, 2014
Following the official announcement of a disciplinary investigation into onetime top Hu Jintao...
by Anne Henochowicz | Sep 18, 2014
Update: The play on words in the blocked keyword “Liu Yunshan” is now explained. As of...
by Josh Rudolph | Aug 29, 2014
As of August 29, the following search terms were blocked on Sina Weibo (not including the “search...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 20, 2014
In an extract from his book The New Emperors: Power and the Princelings in China at Inside Story,...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”