At Startup Grind on Medium (h/t Matthew Sheehan’s Chinafornia newsletter), Panpan Wang...
by Josh Rudolph | Sep 23, 2014
As notoriously smoggy cities and a rising yuan seem to be discouraging inbound tourism to mainland...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 7, 2013
Reuters reports that China will soon be allowing tourists to visit disputed islands in the South China Sea: China will this month start allowing tourists to visit the Paracel Islands, one of a group of disputed islets and reefs...
by Melissa M. Chan | Dec 16, 2012
As Britain is split over attracting Chinese tourists and visa plans posing a security threat, AFP reports Britain is now looking towards Chinese tourists for Christmas cheer: Congee and dumplings are on the breakfast menu at...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods