At Startup Grind on Medium (h/t Matthew Sheehan’s Chinafornia newsletter), Panpan Wang...
by Josh Rudolph | Sep 23, 2014
As notoriously smoggy cities and a rising yuan seem to be discouraging inbound tourism to mainland...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 7, 2013
Reuters reports that China will soon be allowing tourists to visit disputed islands in the South China Sea: China will this month start allowing tourists to visit the Paracel Islands, one of a group of disputed islets and reefs...
by Melissa M. Chan | Dec 16, 2012
As Britain is split over attracting Chinese tourists and visa plans posing a security threat, AFP reports Britain is now looking towards Chinese tourists for Christmas cheer: Congee and dumplings are on the breakfast menu at...
by Melissa M. Chan | Jul 1, 2012
While China denies accusations of exporting missile vehicles to North Korea, China is hiring thousands of guest workers from North Korea. The Los Angeles Times reports: The deal, which has not been publicly announced by either...
CDT in the News
- FT – Chinese city suffers food shortages during Covid-19 lockdown
- Mind Matters – Lawyer Turned Citizen Journalist in China Turns Up Again—in Jail
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020