In 2013, when Shuanghui International bought Smithfield Farms, America’s largest pork...
by Samuel Wade | May 21, 2014
China Real Time’s Chuin-Wei Yap reports the Chinese agriculture ministry’s rebuttal of...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 24, 2013
Reuters’ Adam Jourdan reports China’s latest food safety scandal: the alleged use of...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 23, 2013
South China Morning Post’s Mandy Zuo reports China’s biggest overseas agricultural...
by Scott Greene | Jul 18, 2013
China announced a crackdown on illegal medicine sales on Wednesday and said it would pursue stricter regulations for the pharmaceuticals industry, according to Reuters: The State Food and Drug Administration said the six-month...
by Natalie Ornell | Jul 6, 2013
Following a series of Swiss companies under scrutiny in China, Tetra Pak, a food packaging company, is under investigation for its business practices. The New York Times’ David Barboza reports that the State...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods