The following is an excerpt of an article titled “How Hong Kong was lost” by Didi Kirsten Tatlow. Read the full text of the article at Project Sinopsis. In the article, Tatlow discusses Beijing’s “repurposing”...
Hong Kong handover
by Grace | Jun 30, 2017
Chinese President Xi Jinping is in Hong Kong for a landmark three-day visit to mark the 20th...
by Grace | Jun 27, 2017
Chinese President Xi Jinping is set to visit Hong Kong on Thursday for the first time since...
by Grace | Jul 2, 2016
Tens of thousands of demonstrators took to the streets of Hong Kong on Friday for the...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 1, 2009
Thousands of pro-democracy demonstrators marched in Hong Kong to mark the 12th anniversary of the handover of the territory to the Chinese government. From the New York Times: The immediacy of democracy demands here has faded...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods