The following is an excerpt of an article titled “How Hong Kong was lost” by Didi Kirsten Tatlow. Read the full text of the article at Project Sinopsis. In the article, Tatlow discusses Beijing’s “repurposing”...
Hong Kong handover
by Cindy | Jun 30, 2017
Chinese President Xi Jinping is in Hong Kong for a landmark three-day visit to mark the 20th...
by Cindy | Jun 27, 2017
Chinese President Xi Jinping is set to visit Hong Kong on Thursday for the first time since...
by Cindy | Jul 2, 2016
Tens of thousands of demonstrators took to the streets of Hong Kong on Friday for the...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 1, 2009
Thousands of pro-democracy demonstrators marched in Hong Kong to mark the 12th anniversary of the handover of the territory to the Chinese government. From the New York Times: The immediacy of democracy demands here has faded...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms