The following is an excerpt of an article titled “How Hong Kong was lost” by Didi Kirsten Tatlow. Read the full text of the article at Project Sinopsis. In the article, Tatlow discusses Beijing’s “repurposing”...
Hong Kong handover
by Cindy | Jun 30, 2017
Chinese President Xi Jinping is in Hong Kong for a landmark three-day visit to mark the 20th...
by Cindy | Jun 27, 2017
Chinese President Xi Jinping is set to visit Hong Kong on Thursday for the first time since...
by Cindy | Jul 2, 2016
Tens of thousands of demonstrators took to the streets of Hong Kong on Friday for the...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 1, 2009
Thousands of pro-democracy demonstrators marched in Hong Kong to mark the 12th anniversary of the handover of the territory to the Chinese government. From the New York Times: The immediacy of democracy demands here has faded...
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’