Online censorship has again inspired netizens to stage a collective act of digital disobedience. In this case, a young policewoman was sentenced to over a decade in prison after her former “lovers,” a clique of powerful county...
by Josh Rudolph | Jan 8, 2015
On Thursday, Xinhua announced that former Nanjing Party Secretary and CCP Standing Committee...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 11, 2014
South China Morning Post’s Laura Zhou and The New York Times’ Amy Qin report...
by Sophie Beach | Oct 12, 2010
Following is the latest installment in a series of posts by journalist Rachel Beitarie*, who will be sharing with us dispatches from her journey across rural China. In this post, Rachel gives a sampling of rural attitudes toward...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 2, 2010
Focus on the Family, a U.S. Christian evangelical group, has found an unexpected bedfellow in the CCP for promoting its abstinence-only education campaign, the Washington Post reports: In Yunnan schools this year, teachers are...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods