Online censorship has again inspired netizens to stage a collective act of digital disobedience. In this case, a young policewoman was sentenced to over a decade in prison after her former “lovers,” a clique of powerful county...
by Josh Rudolph | Jan 8, 2015
On Thursday, Xinhua announced that former Nanjing Party Secretary and CCP Standing Committee...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 11, 2014
South China Morning Post’s Laura Zhou and The New York Times’ Amy Qin report...
by Sophie Beach | Oct 12, 2010
Following is the latest installment in a series of posts by journalist Rachel Beitarie*, who will be sharing with us dispatches from her journey across rural China. In this post, Rachel gives a sampling of rural attitudes toward...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 2, 2010
Focus on the Family, a U.S. Christian evangelical group, has found an unexpected bedfellow in the CCP for promoting its abstinence-only education campaign, the Washington Post reports: In Yunnan schools this year, teachers are...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China