The Wall Street Journal’s Chuin-wei Yap reported this week on a wave of protests by...
stock market crash 2015
by Sophie Beach | Sep 22, 2015
Investors angered by frozen assets in the Kunming-based Fanya Metals Exchange rallied outside the...
by Anne Henochowicz | Sep 10, 2015
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 8, 2015
For the New York Times, Amie Tsang writes about the recent detention of Caijing journalist Wang...
by Sophie Beach | Aug 25, 2015
While China’s stock markets plunged in June, the government took a number of steps to...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods