The Wall Street Journal’s Chuin-wei Yap reported this week on a wave of protests by...
stock market crash 2015
by Sophie Beach | Sep 22, 2015
Investors angered by frozen assets in the Kunming-based Fanya Metals Exchange rallied outside the...
by Anne Henochowicz | Sep 10, 2015
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 8, 2015
For the New York Times, Amie Tsang writes about the recent detention of Caijing journalist Wang...
by Sophie Beach | Aug 25, 2015
While China’s stock markets plunged in June, the government took a number of steps to...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”