This series is a month-by-month recap of censorship instructions issued to the media by government...
by zctph48 | Jul 18, 2018
Under President Xi, censorship has expanded in scope and is increasingly impacting areas such as...
by Scott Greene | May 16, 2013
China stepped up its rhetoric against the European Union on Thursday, after Brussels threatened to open anti-dumping investigations into Chinese telecom equipment suppliers Huawei and ZTE. From Paul Mozur and Wayne Ma of The...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 15, 2013
As online regulation tightens, Paul Mozur and Carlos Tejada report on its growing toll on foreign businesses in China. From The Wall Street Journal: Fredrik Bergman ran into a problem when a client in Sweden tried to transfer...
by Linjun Fan | Feb 14, 2008
As Chinese companies start to invest in various developing countries across the globe, they are also getting entangled in local politics. From International Herald Tribune: China’s leading telecommunications company warned...
CDT in the News
- PBS Newshour – Examining the human toll of China’s stringent COVID policy
- Mind Matters – Peng Shuai Backtracks Her Accusations
- Global Times – Western media, anti-China forces use MeToo movement to incite gender antagonism: expert
- WSJ – China Fines Weibo for Spreading ‘Illegal Information’
- The Guardian – China’s troll king: how a tabloid editor became the voice of Chinese nationalism