This series is a month-by-month recap of censorship instructions issued to the media by government...
by zctph48 | Jul 18, 2018
Under President Xi, censorship has expanded in scope and is increasingly impacting areas such as...
by Scott Greene | May 16, 2013
China stepped up its rhetoric against the European Union on Thursday, after Brussels threatened to open anti-dumping investigations into Chinese telecom equipment suppliers Huawei and ZTE. From Paul Mozur and Wayne Ma of The...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 15, 2013
As online regulation tightens, Paul Mozur and Carlos Tejada report on its growing toll on foreign businesses in China. From The Wall Street Journal: Fredrik Bergman ran into a problem when a client in Sweden tried to transfer...
by Linjun Fan | Feb 14, 2008
As Chinese companies start to invest in various developing countries across the globe, they are also getting entangled in local politics. From International Herald Tribune: China’s leading telecommunications company warned...
CDT in the News
- FT – Chinese city suffers food shortages during Covid-19 lockdown
- Mind Matters – Lawyer Turned Citizen Journalist in China Turns Up Again—in Jail
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020