October 12, 2014 7:29 PM
abandoned children academic freedom academics adoption aging Ai Weiwei antiquities art Asia Society book reviews bookshelf Q&A Buddhism CCP censorship Charter 08 Chiang Kai-shek chicago Communist Party Confucianism corruption Cui Jian cultural heritage cultural legacy Cultural Revolution Dalai Lama Daniel Bell democracy democratization demographics Deng Xiaoping disabled Disney East Asia education elderly environment environmental degradation environmental protection Evan Osnos factories Falun Gong families foreign policy freedom of expression Googlecn guoxue Hanban Han Dynasty harmonious society history
April 21, 2011 7:42 PM
For the New York Times, Chris Buckley reports on President Xi Jinping’s tendency to publicly quote from Chinese philosophers including
The University of Chicago in Illinois said in a statement that it had terminated its contract to run a Confucius Institute, a Beijing-affiliated
September 26, 2014 10:06 PM
Last weekend, the American Association of University Professors issued a public call for universities in the US to either terminate long-controversial
June 17, 2014 6:26 PM
- Chicago Confucius Institute Faces Backlash
- What Is It Like to Be Disabled in China?
- Xi Touts Party as Defender of Confucius’s Vir...
- Party Promotes Confucian Guide for Obedient C...
- Confucius Comes Home
- The New Face of Chinese Propaganda
- Eight Questions on Life, Liberty and Pursuit ...
- CDT Bookshelf: Interview with Sam Crane
- Xi Jinping Hopes Traditional Faiths Can Fill ...
- Chinese Philosophy Lifts Off in America
- Is China Really in a Gilded Age?
- Factory Owners and Confucius on the Environme...
- Something America and China Could Do Together
- The Post 80s Generation—Are the Kids All Righ...
- Meet the Grandfather of Chinese Rock
- China: A Meritocracy of Mediocrity?
- South China Protests: Not So Subversive?
- Sun Tzu & The Art of Soft Power