July 23, 2015 5:09 PM
Ai Weiwei art book reviews CCP censorship Charter 08 children Chinese language Christianity climate change corruption Cultural Revolution democracy Deng Xiaoping education environmental protection foreign policy freedom of expression Global Times Googlecn history hong kong protests 2014 Hu Jintao ideology Internet control Japan land rights Liu Xiaobo Mao Zedong military music one-child policy online public opinion Politburo Standing Committee political reform pollution princelings propaganda religion religious freedom rule of law soft power south korea state media sustainable development Tiananmen Square U.S. relations universities women Xi Jinping
March 5, 2015 11:42 PM
The Economist examines the Party’s ongoing adoption of Confucianism alongside its own heritage as an ideological pillar: Though the party
The Wall Street Journal’s Andrew Browne talks to Michael Schuman, author of “Confucius And the World He Created,” about Confucianism’s
March 16, 2015 10:18 PM
For the New York Times, Chris Buckley reports on President Xi Jinping’s tendency to publicly quote from Chinese philosophers including
October 12, 2014 7:29 PM
- What Is It Like to Be Disabled in China?
- Xi Touts Party as Defender of Confucius’s Vir...
- Party Promotes Confucian Guide for Obedient C...
- Confucius Comes Home
- The New Face of Chinese Propaganda
- Eight Questions on Life, Liberty and Pursuit ...
- CDT Bookshelf: Interview with Sam Crane
- Xi Jinping Hopes Traditional Faiths Can Fill ...
- Chinese Philosophy Lifts Off in America
- Is China Really in a Gilded Age?
- Factory Owners and Confucius on the Environme...
- Something America and China Could Do Together
- The Post 80s Generation—Are the Kids All Righ...
- Meet the Grandfather of Chinese Rock
- China: A Meritocracy of Mediocrity?
- A Word to Describe Chinese Society
- South China Protests: Not So Subversive?
- Sun Tzu & The Art of Soft Power