October 12, 2014 7:29 PM
Ai Weiwei book reviews CCP censorship Charter 08 children Chinese language Christianity climate change Confucianism corruption Cultural Revolution Dalai Lama democracy Deng Xiaoping education environmental protection Falun Gong foreign policy freedom of expression Global Times Googlecn history hong kong protests 2014 Hu Jintao ideology Internet control land rights Liu Xiaobo Mao Zedong military music one-child policy online public opinion peasants Politburo Standing Committee political reform pollution princelings propaganda religion religious freedom soft power state media sustainable development Tiananmen Square U.S. relations universities women Xi Jinping
March 5, 2015 11:42 PM
For the New York Times, Chris Buckley reports on President Xi Jinping’s tendency to publicly quote from Chinese philosophers including
The University of Chicago in Illinois said in a statement that it had terminated its contract to run a Confucius Institute, a Beijing-affiliated
September 26, 2014 10:06 PM
Last weekend, the American Association of University Professors issued a public call for universities in the US to either terminate long-controversial
June 17, 2014 6:26 PM
- Chicago Confucius Institute Faces Backlash
- What Is It Like to Be Disabled in China?
- Xi Touts Party as Defender of Confucius’s Vir...
- Party Promotes Confucian Guide for Obedient C...
- Confucius Comes Home
- The New Face of Chinese Propaganda
- Eight Questions on Life, Liberty and Pursuit ...
- CDT Bookshelf: Interview with Sam Crane
- Xi Jinping Hopes Traditional Faiths Can Fill ...
- Chinese Philosophy Lifts Off in America
- Is China Really in a Gilded Age?
- Factory Owners and Confucius on the Environme...
- Something America and China Could Do Together
- The Post 80s Generation—Are the Kids All Righ...
- Meet the Grandfather of Chinese Rock
- China: A Meritocracy of Mediocrity?
- South China Protests: Not So Subversive?
- Sun Tzu & The Art of Soft Power