November 17, 2015 9:28 PM
2008 Sichuan earthquake activists air pollution Ai Weiwei Beijing blogs CCP censorship climate change coal corruption Directives from the Ministry of Truth economic growth education exports food safety foreign companies freedom of expression Google Guangdong Hu Jintao India industrial pollution Internet censorship Japan journalism media censorship media conditions migrant workers military Ministry of Truth nationalism Netizen Voices oil online public opinion People's Liberation Army photos pollution propaganda protests public health Shanghai sina weibo Tiananmen Square Tibet United States videos water pollution weibo Xinjiang
December 12, 2014 5:09 PM
The 12-year sentence for an environmental activist who worked to protect the spotted seal has been upheld by a court in Liaoning Province. Charged
As officials deal with public worry over toxic fallout from the massive explosions at a chemical storage facility near the Tianjin port last week,
August 21, 2015 9:46 AM
The Guardian has published a visually rich multimedia story on coal in China. From the intro: Chinese miners last year dug up 3.87bn tonnes
June 5, 2015 6:55 PM
- Incinerator Protests Signal New Environmental...
- Lack of Transparency Fuels Environmental Prot...
- This Week on CDT, April 18, 2014
- Badiucao (巴丢草): Toxic Water
- Rush For Bottled Water After Benzene Scare
- China’s Poisonous Waterways
- Is China’s Pork Consumption Hurting The...
- China’s Environment in 2013
- 2014: 10 China Stories On The Horizon
- China’s Dam Boom “a Faustian Bargain...
- Upper Yangtze Ecology “Collapses”
- Water in China: Desperate Measures
- Thousands of Dead Fish Found After Toxic Spil...
- Mining Tibet, Poisoning China
- Abandoned Steel Mills Threaten Public Health
- Foxconn Accused of Wastewater Pollution
- Rural Pollution: China’s Bad Earth
- Guangxi River Pollution Highlights Broader Is...