November 5, 2014 12:08 PM
2008 Sichuan earthquake Beijing blogs Bo Xilai CCP censorship China's rise corruption Dalai Lama democracy diplomacy Directives from the Ministry of Truth economic growth food safety Hu Jintao Internet censorship Internet control Japan media censorship migrant workers Ministry of Truth photos press freedom propaganda protests Shanghai sina weibo Tibet U.S. relations United States Uyghurs wealth gap weibo Xi Jinping Xinjiang
July 24, 2014 3:31 PM
At the New York Times, Austin Ramzy reports that a recent statement from China’s anti-graft agency’s included a direct warning
The Telegraph reports on the detention of a Christian pastor who has been vocal in his opposition to church demolitions in Wenzhou, Zhejiang:
August 26, 2014 5:40 PM
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been leaked and distributed online. The name of the
August 14, 2014 1:47 PM
- Sensitive Words: Guo Meimei’s “Ba...
- Sensitive: Anti-Communists Hack Wenzhou TV
- Chinese Christians Fend Off Church Demolition
- Church-State Clash Coalesces Around a Toppled...
- Sensitive Words: Explosion, Witch Hunts, Lin ...
- Death Threats Over Housing Market Reports
- Ten Killed, Five Missing After Typhoon Fitow ...
- Inside the World of China’s “Shad...
- China’s ‘Ghost Cities’ May Not Be So Spooky
- Investor Scheme Leads to Death Sentence
- Official’s Death Fuels Concern for ...
- Toddler Death Shines Light on One-Child Enfor...
- Controversy Pursues Li Chengpeng Book Tour
- Electromagnetism Fears Spark Protests
- Chinternet Meme: River of Milk
- Businessman Hailed for Buying Imaginary Bank
- CDT Money: Tale of Two Economies
- Hubei High-Speed Rail Line Collapses