August 26, 2014 5:40 PM
2008 Sichuan earthquake bad debt Beijing censorship chinternet Chinternet meme Christianity crackdown credit crisis death penalty debt crisis demolition Directives from the Ministry of Truth financial crisis 2008-2009 fraud hacktivism hard landing high-speed rail high-speed rail crash Internet censorship Japan Jiang Zemin Li Keqiang manufacturing Mao Zedong media censorship meme Ministry of Railways Ministry of Truth monetary policy official corruption propaganda protests public transportation real estate religion religious freedom Sanjiang Sensitive Words Series shadow banking Shanghai Shenyang train accidents United States weibo Wen Jiabao wenzhou word of the week Xi Jinping Zhejiang
July 24, 2014 3:31 PM
The Telegraph reports on the detention of a Christian pastor who has been vocal in his opposition to church demolitions in Wenzhou, Zhejiang:
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been leaked and distributed online. The name of the
August 14, 2014 1:47 PM
As of August 1, the following search terms were blocked on Sina Weibo (not including the “search for user” function). Wenzhou TV Hacked:
August 1, 2014 8:48 PM
- Sensitive Words: Guo Meimei’s “Ba...
- Chinese Christians Fend Off Church Demolition
- Church-State Clash Coalesces Around a Toppled...
- Sensitive Words: Explosion, Witch Hunts, Lin ...
- Death Threats Over Housing Market Reports
- Ten Killed, Five Missing After Typhoon Fitow ...
- Inside the World of China’s “Shad...
- China’s ‘Ghost Cities’ May Not Be So Spooky
- Investor Scheme Leads to Death Sentence
- Official’s Death Fuels Concern for ...
- Toddler Death Shines Light on One-Child Enfor...
- Controversy Pursues Li Chengpeng Book Tour
- Electromagnetism Fears Spark Protests
- Chinternet Meme: River of Milk
- Businessman Hailed for Buying Imaginary Bank
- CDT Money: Tale of Two Economies
- Hubei High-Speed Rail Line Collapses
- Phrase of the Week: This Is a Miracle