Bloomberg News confirms that former Beijing police chief Fu Zhenghua will lead an investigation...
kunming attack 2014
by Samuel Wade | Jan 16, 2015
The January 7th attack on the Paris-based satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo inspired an...
by Josh Rudolph | Nov 20, 2014
Human rights lawyer Pu Zhiqiang, detained in May after attending a gathering to mark the 25th...
by Natalie Ornell | Apr 20, 2014
Julie Makinen reports for The Los Angeles Times on the Chinese government’s silence after...
by Josh Rudolph | Mar 5, 2014
After the violent attack on the Kunming Railway Station last weekend, China’s state media...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”