Saturday is the 100th anniversary of the 1919 May 4th Movement, sparked by China’s...
by Grace | Sep 6, 2016
On Sunday, voters in Hong Kong turned out in record numbers to elect a new generation of young...
by Sophie Beach | May 17, 2016
Zhang Dejiang, the third in command in the Communist Party after Xi Jinping and Li Keqiang, is the...
by Sophie Beach | Dec 10, 2014
Update (11:30 am PST, Thursday): While the clearance of the Admiralty protest sites was largely...
by Anne Henochowicz | Dec 4, 2014
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Sophie Beach | Dec 3, 2014
After advising the remaining student protesters to leave the streets, three leaders of the Occupy...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods