For centuries, macaque monkeys have been a ubiquitous entertainment fixture in Chinese cities,...
by Josh Rudolph | Feb 19, 2015
McClatchy’s Stuart Leavenworth reports from Weifang, Shandong, China’s kite capitol,...
by Josh Rudolph | Oct 10, 2013
After being banned during the Cultural Revolution, cricket fighting (斗蟋蟀), a traditional Chinese...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 10, 2011
For Bloomberg, Adam Minter writes about the complex social and political implications of recent images that have been passed around online of people kneeling in China, including several instances of student kneeling before their...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China