For centuries, macaque monkeys have been a ubiquitous entertainment fixture in Chinese cities,...
by Josh Rudolph | Feb 19, 2015
McClatchy’s Stuart Leavenworth reports from Weifang, Shandong, China’s kite capitol,...
by Josh Rudolph | Oct 10, 2013
After being banned during the Cultural Revolution, cricket fighting (斗蟋蟀), a traditional Chinese...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 10, 2011
For Bloomberg, Adam Minter writes about the complex social and political implications of recent images that have been passed around online of people kneeling in China, including several instances of student kneeling before their...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods