For centuries, macaque monkeys have been a ubiquitous entertainment fixture in Chinese cities,...
by Josh Rudolph | Feb 19, 2015
McClatchy’s Stuart Leavenworth reports from Weifang, Shandong, China’s kite capitol,...
by Josh Rudolph | Oct 10, 2013
After being banned during the Cultural Revolution, cricket fighting (斗蟋蟀), a traditional Chinese...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 10, 2011
For Bloomberg, Adam Minter writes about the complex social and political implications of recent images that have been passed around online of people kneeling in China, including several instances of student kneeling before their...
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo