A two-year investigation of J.P. Morgan’s hiring practices found that the bank hired friends...
by Grace | May 28, 2015
As a part of the U.S. government’s investigation into whether J.P. Morgan hired relatives of...
by Anne Henochowicz | Feb 9, 2015
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Scott Greene | Feb 10, 2014
Continuing an investigation into the China hiring practices at JP Morgan, which began late last...
by Samuel Wade | Nov 13, 2013
Days after reporting Bloomberg News’ alleged self-censorship of a story on financial...
by Kate Zhao | Mar 18, 2008
From Xinhua via People’s Daily online : China’s CITIC Securities Co. is to cancel a deal to buy into Bear Stearns after news that the fifth largest investment bank in the United States is to be bought out by JPMorgan...
by Michael Zhao | Apr 11, 2007
From Reuters: JPMorgan Chase & Co.‘s Chinese fund management venture said on Wednesday it had received nearly 90 billion yuan ($11.7 billion) of subscriptions to its new equities fund in a single day — over 10 times its original sales target. The oversubscription ratio is one of the highest seen at any fund since China’s […]
by Zhao Ying | Jul 21, 2006
From The Financial Times: The former private equity unit of JPMorgan Chase , the US investment bank, is in talks to buy a minority stake in DHI-DCW , one of the largest heavy machinery makers in China. The Chinese company, which is based in the north-eastern city of Dalian and controlled by the local government, […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods