Thirty years ago, Guan County, Shandong Province launched the “Hundred Childless Days” campaign under the aegis of national family planning, known in the West as the “one-child policy.” The birthplace of...
by Grace | Nov 12, 2017
Wukan, once hailed as China’s “democracy village,” has become a site of intense...
by Sophie Beach | Jan 19, 2017
The governor of Liaoning Province acknowledged this week that his government had inflated economic...
by Grace | Nov 18, 2016
Voters in several cities across China are heading to the polls this month to elect deputies for...
by Grace | Aug 11, 2016
A deadly steam pipe explosion at a coal-fired power plant in Dangyang, Hubei killed at least 21...
by Grace | Aug 31, 2015
At The New York Times, Andrew Jacobs, Javier Hernandez, and Chris Buckley report on the lax...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods