Thirty years ago, Guan County, Shandong Province launched the “Hundred Childless Days” campaign under the aegis of national family planning, known in the West as the “one-child policy.” The birthplace of...
by Cindy | Nov 12, 2017
Wukan, once hailed as China’s “democracy village,” has become a site of intense...
by Sophie Beach | Jan 19, 2017
The governor of Liaoning Province acknowledged this week that his government had inflated economic...
by Cindy | Nov 18, 2016
Voters in several cities across China are heading to the polls this month to elect deputies for...
by Cindy | Aug 11, 2016
A deadly steam pipe explosion at a coal-fired power plant in Dangyang, Hubei killed at least 21...
by Cindy | Aug 31, 2015
At The New York Times, Andrew Jacobs, Javier Hernandez, and Chris Buckley report on the lax...
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’