This series is a recap of censorship instructions issued to the media by government authorities in...
Taiwan protests 2014
by Samuel Wade | Apr 10, 2017
CDT cartoonist Badiucao continues his series of portraits of political detainees in China with one...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 24, 2015
The New Left Review talks to Joshua Wong, 18-year-old founder of the Scholarism student movement...
by Josh Rudolph | Nov 4, 2014
In March of this year, student protesters occupied Taiwan’s Legislative Yuan to express...
by Cindy | Oct 10, 2014
President Ma Ying-jeou used Taiwan’s National Day celebrations to urge Beijing to embrace...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”