The tension between development and environmental protection in China has been most keenly felt in...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 8, 2014
China’s central role in the global black market in ivory and other wildlife products has...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 8, 2013
Amid frequent bad news about wildlife issues in and involving China, LiveScience’s Tia Ghose...
by Samuel Wade | May 18, 2013
At The Guardian, Jonathan Kaiman reports the approval by Chinese environmental officials of a proposed 314-meter-tall dam despite fears about its effects on the ecology of Sichuan’s Dadu River, an indirect tributary of the...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 23, 2013
Xinhua reports that the 61 giant pandas at the Bifengxia breeding center were not physically harmed by the 6.6Mw earthquake that struck Sichuan province on Saturday, killing 193 and injuring over 12,000: According to the video...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China