For centuries, macaque monkeys have been a ubiquitous entertainment fixture in Chinese cities,...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 8, 2014
China’s central role in the global black market in ivory and other wildlife products has...
by Sophie Beach | Dec 6, 2011
The Guardian’s Jonathan Watts goes undercover at an auction in Beijing featuring tiger bone wine, despite the ban on sale of products from endangered animals: I decided to reveal that I was a journalist so I could ask the...
CDT in the News
- PBS Newshour – Examining the human toll of China’s stringent COVID policy
- Mind Matters – Peng Shuai Backtracks Her Accusations
- Global Times – Western media, anti-China forces use MeToo movement to incite gender antagonism: expert
- WSJ – China Fines Weibo for Spreading ‘Illegal Information’
- The Guardian – China’s troll king: how a tabloid editor became the voice of Chinese nationalism