For centuries, macaque monkeys have been a ubiquitous entertainment fixture in Chinese cities,...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 8, 2014
China’s central role in the global black market in ivory and other wildlife products has...
by Sophie Beach | Dec 6, 2011
The Guardian’s Jonathan Watts goes undercover at an auction in Beijing featuring tiger bone wine, despite the ban on sale of products from endangered animals: I decided to reveal that I was a journalist so I could ask the...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”