For centuries, macaque monkeys have been a ubiquitous entertainment fixture in Chinese cities,...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 8, 2014
China’s central role in the global black market in ivory and other wildlife products has...
by Sophie Beach | Dec 6, 2011
The Guardian’s Jonathan Watts goes undercover at an auction in Beijing featuring tiger bone wine, despite the ban on sale of products from endangered animals: I decided to reveal that I was a journalist so I could ask the...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods