Hong Kong-based Sing Pao Daily News has reported that members of its staff have been threatened...
by radish | Oct 24, 2014
The ongoing Hong Kong pro-democracy protests have drawn attention from the United Nations. On Thursday, the U.N. Human Rights Committee urged China to reconsider the restrictions on candidate nominations that have been one of...
by Josh Rudolph | Oct 1, 2014
Update (October 2, 9:20 am Pacific Time): As the students’ deadline approached, CY Leung...
by Josh Rudolph | Jun 27, 2014
The following censorship instruction, issued to the media by government authorities, has been...
by Josh Rudolph | Feb 26, 2014
In what police sources have referred to as a “classic triad hit… designed to send a...
by Grace | Jul 8, 2013
According to a new report from the Hong Kong Journalists Association, press freedom in Hong Kong has reached a new low since Chief Executive Leung Chun-ying took office last year. The report’s publication follows a series...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods