In what observers see as a win for China, Taiwan’s leader Tsai Ing-wen resigned this weekend as...
by Josh Rudolph | Nov 4, 2014
In March of this year, student protesters occupied Taiwan’s Legislative Yuan to express...
by Cindy | Mar 24, 2014
Ralph Jennings of the Los Angeles Times reports that riot police were summoned to clear protesters...
by Josh Rudolph | Feb 11, 2014
In what has been hailed by some as an indication that long-strained cross-strait relations may...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China