In what observers see as a win for China, Taiwan’s leader Tsai Ing-wen resigned this weekend as...
by Josh Rudolph | Nov 4, 2014
In March of this year, student protesters occupied Taiwan’s Legislative Yuan to express...
by Grace | Mar 24, 2014
Ralph Jennings of the Los Angeles Times reports that riot police were summoned to clear protesters...
by Josh Rudolph | Feb 11, 2014
In what has been hailed by some as an indication that long-strained cross-strait relations may...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods