February 14, 2013 11:42 PM
corruption defending rights farmers farmland forced demolitions forced evictions Guangdong Hu Jintao land-dispute land disputes land reform land use local corruption local power migrant workers nailhouse NPC 2006 peasants petitioners police violence private property protests redevelopment riots rural development rural reform social unrest Wen Jiabao Wukan zhongshan land protest
November 12, 2012 3:51 PM
The Wall Street Journal explores land ownership in China, and the economic and political factors which lead to farmers be
At China Real Time Report, Tom Orlik discusses urbanization, hukou reform, land ownership, urban sustainability and the p
January 18, 2013 4:59 PM
The following examples of censorship instructions, issued to the media and/or Internet companies by various central (and
December 17, 2012 11:26 AM
- AmazeNews: At the Mercy of “Brother Emperor”
- State Council May Clamp Down on Land Grabs
- China Punishes 20 Officials after Village Pro...
- Scenes from a Forced Demolition
- Nearly Half China Farmers ‘Suffer Land ...
- Premier Calls for Better Land-Right Protectio...
- Xiong Peiyun on Land and Revolt
- Wu Si on Wukan and Civil Rights
- Hu Deping on Wukan and Land Rights
- Chinese Villagers Get Inquiry after Protests ...
- Unrest Grows as Economy Booms
- Land Grab Protest in S. China Simmers for 4th...
- Thousands Riot in South China over Land Grab ...
- China's Land Grabs: A Case Study
- China’s Critical Disconnect
- Chinese Police Quash Protest Over Land Rights
- Chinese Farmers Moved into Apartments in Land...
- How Local Governments Rig the Land-Use Game